I am an independent coach based in Derby offering bespoke, 1-1, client-centred coaching. Coaching can help you be successful in all areas of your life, including career, business, health and fitness, relationships, personal development and growth, spiritual development and so on.
Coaching is a process that transforms goals, ambitions and dreams into reality. Through the process of coaching you will be able to:
- define, clarify and prioritise your goals and identify a realistic route to achieving them;
- have the opportunity to explore your own potential, skills, strengths, abilities, experiences and other resources so that you can make the most of them and adapt them to get the best results;
- increase your confidence and motivation;
- modify or enhance your internal processes to enable your goals to be met through the use of NLP (neuro-linguistic programming);
- understand who you are and how you are ‘affected’ and ‘influenced’ by people and situations;
- identify and recognise beliefs including those that are positive as well as those that are self-limiting; gain perspective on how those beliefs are affecting your life and your goals and make decisions on how those beliefs can be reinforced, enhanced, modified or changed in line with your goals;
- identify the blocks, obstacles and resistance to achieving your goals and work through them;
- receive support and have the space to see yourself clearly, as you truly are and be able to reflect on your situation without judgement;
- build better relationships;
- create a firm, strong foundation that you can build upon in years to come.
In coaching we are not the experts, we are the facilitators for a person getting to know more about themselves and developing the ‘answers’ for themselves. The coaching process acts as a catalyst to elicit positive change to people’s lives.
Listed below are some of the reasons why people seek out coaching. They are:
- feeling overwhelmed or stuck;
- lacking motivation to do anything to help themselves but wanting to change;
- uncertain of the next steps to take;
- feeling isolated and lacking someone to troubleshoot with and have a sounding board for ideas and goals;
- in desperate need of a better work/life balance;
- wondering where they are going in life and wanting to explore that;
- wanting to remove blocks to energy and creativity;
- having someone to inspire and champion them in reaching their fullest potential.
“Overall, coaching offers a number of advantages over other development interventions that fail to provide the means for people to actually make lasting changes. It seems that ‘knowing what you need to change’ is only one piece of the jigsaw – not enough to bring about actual changes in a person’s style or work habits. Coaching’s unique offer is its change orientation, flexibility and support for ongoing development.” The Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD).